5 Amazing City Beaches

Filed under: AMSTERDAM, PARIS, MIAMI, MONTREAL, HONOLULU

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 | 10:25 AM

Author: Adam Zettler

Cities are playgrounds where one can find almost anything-even natural retreats! Here are 5 fun urban beaches, some iconic and well known, some in places where you might not have expected them.......

Paris Plages

Each summer Paris blocks off a section of the Seine River and creates an artificial beach, complete with palm trees and sand.

parisplages

(image courtesy of PetitParisBedandBreakfest)

Place de l'Horloge Montreal

"Clock Beach" in Montreal opened to visitors this year, and comes complete with deck chairs and parasols. There are amenities like a cash bar and misting station.

montrealbeach

(image courtesy of guideeventement.com)

Strand Zuid Amsterdam

Located close to Amsterdam's Beatrix Park, this 2000 square meter terraced urban beach is a cool place to have dinner or just relax in a lounge. It is somewhat upscale, but there is something to do for everyone, including restaurants, BBQ's in July and August and DJs on the weekend.

amsterdambeach

(image courtesy of University of Amsterdam)

South Beach, Miami

One of the most gorgeous and iconic urban beachscapes in the world, located near the heart of the city of Miami. Travelers can enjoy the white sands and warm tropical waters, rent a jet-ski or a segway. After a day in the sun, travelers can enjoy the hundreds of nightclubs that line Ocean Drive.

Miami South Beach, Florida (74)

(image courtesy of lonelyplanet.com)

Waikiki Beach, Honolulu

A surfer and snorkelers dream, located in Honolulu on the island of Oahu. Waikiki Beach has easy access from most of the hotel strip, and has myriads of beachfront bars and restaurants to cool off. Waikiki also has one of the best beach boardwalks in the world.

Waikiki - USA

(image courtesy of New Tourist Places)

Recommend your favourite city or urban beach in our discussion below!

Tags

snorkeling, bars, surfing, beaches, vacations, cities, urban, tourism, travel, Waikiki Beach, South Beach, Amsterdam, Paris, Montreal, Paris Plages, Place de l'Horloge, Strand Zuid, Miami, Honolulu

The Conversation

Profile Picture
Montrealer wrote: 1:18am October 11, 2012

Amazing beaches!

Profile Picture
dress complimenting wrote: 3:31pm June 10, 2014

My partner and I stumbled over here by a different web address and thought I
should check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.
Look forward to finding out about your web page for a second time.

Profile Picture
Interactive Online Corp wrote: 7:09am April 4, 2017

I have learn some excellent stuff here. Certainly worth
bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much effort you put to make this type of fantastic
informative web site.

Profile Picture
php scraping proxy wrote: 9:30pm August 29, 2017

Simply desire to say your article is as astounding.
The clarity to your put up is just excellent and i can assume
you're an expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to clutch your feed to stay updated with
drawing close post. Thanks one million and please keep up the rewarding work.

Profile Picture
email sender software with IP rotation wrote: 2:31am September 6, 2017

whoah this blog is great i really like reading your posts.
Stay up the good work! You know, lots of persons are searching round for this info, you
can aid them greatly.

Profile Picture
www.google.ad wrote: 8:07am September 24, 2018

When I originally commented I seem to have clicked the -Notify me
when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on whenever a
comment is added I get 4 emails with the exact same comment.

Is there an easy method you can remove me from that service?

Thank you!